At Specialty Imaging, we are now able to do lung cancer screening; a low-dose CT scan for high risk patients. We are offering a set price of only $99 for the screening.
The American Cancer Society recommends annual lung cancer screening for certain people at higher risk for lung cancer who meet the following conditions:
- Are aged 55 to 74 years and in fairly good health, and
- Currently smoke or have quit within the past 15 years, and
- Have at least a 30-pack-year smoking history, and
- Receive smoking cessation counseling if they are current smokers, and
- Have been involved in shared decision making about the benefits, limitations, and harms of screening with LDCT scans, and
- Have access to a high quality lung cancer screening
Cancer that is diagnosed at an early stage, when it isn’t too large and hasn’t spread is more likely to be treated successfully. Many times, symptoms do not manifest themselves in the early stages of lung cancer. Instead, most lung cancers are diagnosed in the late stages of the disease, making treatment more problematic and as a result, significantly reducing the overall lung cancer survival rate.
Contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you with the highest quality care.